Salt Lake City, UT
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
The Field Services Engineer at Voonami is the primary technical resource for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of in field hardware and software. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation and education within the Field Services team. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners. They must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users and will work closely with business leaders, potential customers and existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Services Engineer is a key point of contact for clients making on-site visits regularly. They liaise regularly with other members of the team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production and quality.
- Install new / rebuild existing workstations
- Network Installations
- Network cabling installations and repairs (including certifying cabling infrastructure)
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Share on-call responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical aptitude; telecommunications, networking, hardware/software, data center operations, and virtualization.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop OS
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Product knowledge
- Communication skills; written, verbal, training, and presentation.
- Requirements analysis
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. The candidate must be organized and analytical.
- Proven history and track record in an IT solutions environment.
- 1-2+ years relevant experience in systems administration role.
- 2+ years relevant experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Microsoft Windows: 2 years
- Network Cabling Installation